Photo from: Mark A Coleman
There are a lot of good reasons to “go green”. It is good for the earth so it’s good for future generations. It allows you to live a simpler, healthier lifestyle. It binds you to a community of other people who feel the same way. But perhaps the best reason to go green is because going green can save you a lot of money.
In fact, saving money is a leading reason why people choose to go green. A recent survey shows that more than two fifths of all people who go out of their way to engage in eco-friendly activities if they believe that those activities would save them some money.
Ways Green Saves Money
Some of the ways that going green will save you money include:
- Making fewer purchases as you reduce consumerism
- Making fewer purchases as you buy more durable items
- Reducing costs by reducing consumption of water, energy, and other utilities
- Reducing costs by making your own organic cleaners
Can Green Cost More?
If you’re not careful, going green can cost more than you already spend. If you get too interested in trendy green gadgets or products then you might waste more money. If you buy something just because it’s green and not because you need it then you’ll waste money. That’s why it’s really important that you choose to go green in a conscious manner designed to not only save the earth but also to save money.
Tips for Reducing the Cost of Going Green
If you want to go green in a cost-conscious way, follow these tips:
- Learn more about saving money by going green
- Look for rebates and deals that you get for going green
- Use discount codes to purchase green products
- Make your own green products instead of buying them when possible
How green are you? Would you get greener if it saved you money? Share your answer in the comments below!
You have to be logged in to post a comment